- To be able to sketch the correct placement of objects in relationship to one another
- Understand the concept of hidden details
Below are some steps to sketch objects correctly in the 3D space
Step 1: Sketch the crates for the objects in the following order (Sketch the objects furthest away from your view first).
Step 2: Sketch out the shapes of the objects in the designated crates with draft lines
Step 3. Sketch only the parts of the shapes that are not blocked/hidden (Sketch the objects closest to you first).
- Sketch 3 rectangular block and place them in a random position but still close to one another
- Repeat this exercise 2 times, changing the position each time
- Repeat Task 1 with a cube, a cylinder and a pyramid ( You are allowed to decide the size of each object)
- Use the 3 designs you have created from the previous SCAMPER exercise and sketch how they were look when placed beside one another
- Students may want to try more than 3 objects in the exercise to challenge themselves.
- Always use the crating method to start your sketches